|Meeting Dates||2015 Season Dates are not Scheduled at this Time. ¬†On April 1st the Wolfeboro Parks & Recreation Department will release a brochure with the summer program schedules. ¬†At that time, you will also be able to register with the Wolfeboro Parks & Recreation Department online or in person. ¬†The season will run from June through September.|
Non-resident: $600.00Plus a $100 Refundable Security Deposit
|Status||¬†Open; to register go to the Wolfeboro Parks & Recreation Department|
|Ages||18 and up|
For sign up through the Town of Wolfeboro Parks & Recreation
A partnership between the Wolfeboro Parks and Recreation, the NH Boat Museum and Brewster Academy, this program is designed to allow local sailors and graduates of our Adult Learn to Sail program to take out our J24 ft. keel boat on their own! It is the ideal next step for emerging sailors who have sailing experience, but don‚Äôt yet own their own boat.
Members of the Sailboat Sharing Program will pay an annual fee ($400 for residents, $600 for non-residents) plus a $100 refundable security deposit and have access to the NH Boat Museum keelboat moored at Brewster Academy. The season runs from June to September and the rate includes mooring fees, maintenance, insurance and boat use.
- Each day of the operating season is divided up into three time slots: 8am-12pm, 12:30pm-4:30pm and 5pm-9pm.
- Each member is guaranteed 10 time slots that can be reserved as far in advance as they would like. 4 weekend slots and 6 weekday slots.
- Each member can make an unlimited number of ‚Äúspontaneous‚ÄĚ reservations within 96 hours (4 days) of boat use, as available.
- Reservation calendar will be available to view online 24 hours a day.
- All reservation requests must be made in writing via email.
- Each member must pass a test administered by Parks and Recreation sailing staff in order to be certified to use the boat. All members must abide by program rules which include, but are not limited to:
- No alcohol on board.
- Members may bring up to 3 guests on board.
- All minors on board must wear a personal flotation device at all times.
- Adults must have a personal flotation device on board.
- Members must respect the boat and Brewster Academy property. Damages will be deducted from the security deposit.¬†
The Sailboat Timeshare Program offered in collaboration between the New Hampshire Boat Museum, the Wolfeboro Parks and Rec. Department, and Brewster Academy have been selected as the Editor’s Pick for The New Hampshire Magazine Best of 2014! ¬†