The New Hampshire Boat Museum’s collections and exhibits, like all other museums, depend on the generosity of the public for its content. The Museum is always open to reviewing potential donations and future loan possibilities for our collections and exhibits.
Donations also have the potential as an income source through our annual auction. Donated items that are earmarked for the auction are taken on a year round basis and qualify for a tax deduction.
Boats and boating accessories are the obvious items that we are always looking for but the following items also add to our exhibits and enhance the history of the “summer experience” that is so rich in New Hampshire.
- Trade signs pertaining to marinas, tourist attractions and vintage lodging
- Ephemera relating to Boat Builders, New Hampshire tourist related and related vintage print articles
- New Hampshire Tourist Trade items
- Vintage Photography and film depicting boating and lake activities 1890 to 1960
- Early engines and outboards
- Early boat models and toys
- New Hampshire Summer Camp literature & memorabilia focusing on boating
- Research materials for our library
- Race Boat history as it pertains to New Hampshire
- Locally built items such as McDuff engines, Northland Water Ski Products and brochures
- Goodhue & Hawkins and Johnson Lakers are always of great interest
- Dug out canoe with New Hampshire history
- Artifacts related to New Hampshire boating, such as known salvage items
The New Hampshire Boat Museum appreciates you taking the time to review our “Wish List”.
If you have any questions about loaning or donating items to the museum please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line put Donations/Loans